Wednesday 16 June 2010

Glam Nation: Columbus


Surprisingly there aren't that many videos for Columbus yet, though I would've expected a ton from looking at the sea of cameras in the audience. There's more dancing than usual during DTRH and again Adam misses his cue for RoF, filling up the first verse with dancing and only coming in during the second. It seems like a more physical performance as Adam slithers down onto all fours. The ending is particularly gritty and powerful. Adam's hair is a revealed to be very glittery up do which behaves remarkably well, only starting to become unruly during MA. Longineu has his hair in pigtails again and Monte sports a headband. Notable are the strong finish in Aftermath and the abundance of gyratory and rippling moves during SFW. This isn't the best concert in terms of vocals as I think Adam sounds strained in a few parts but it's another great show. Here's my current playlist:

7 comments:

  1. I'd have to say...BEING there watching him and listening to those vocals LIVE makes all the difference..I was 4 people back from front row...so pretty close..and being that close just mesmerizes you..renders you speechless..makes you scream like an idiot while you dance and flail..his voice and presence wrap around you till you feel the glitter being wrung out of you..weakened...spent...but hungry for the next song..the next fix..the powerful energy he exhibits when he performs..so maybe his vocals were a bit strained in spots..BUT SO WERE MINE!!! Can't wait for CLEVELAND NEXT!!! (see what he does to me??) :) sktorok

    ReplyDelete
  2. sktorok, I love how your enthusiasm flies off the screen! Thank you so much for reporting back. I know first-hand that I can't fully trust the sound on the videos so I'm glad he was mesmerising live. It's fun to read his effect on you as it looks like you're still on a high and very addicted. I'm happy you're having so much fun and look forward to your Cleveland comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleveland will be next..July 9th..the I just bought tickets for Erie, PA..Aug 10th...still have Sept 18th..Tropicana field in St.Petersburg, Fla..looking to get a field access for that one...I am sooo OBSESSED with this man!!! It's INSANE!!! I'm a 54yo Registered Nurse who has 2 boys and alot of stuff on my plate..but I can't seem to pull myself away from the tractor beam that is ADAM LAMBERT!!! I'll keep u posted!!! sktorok

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're right about the vocals. Noticed it when watching as well. Mystic Lake was the best vocal so far IMO

    ReplyDelete
  5. sktorok, looks like you're amassing together a huge collection of concerts! I wish I could go too but I guess I just have to bide my time for now. What do your boys think of your obsession BTW?

    Anonymous, I don't have a favourite stop for vocals yet. I think I've taken it for granted that they're always excellent and guess I only notice when they're not as perfect as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 23yo thinks ADAM sucks..but he's clueless as far as judging talent and musical ability is concerned...so he just thinks I'm crazy..which I am no doubt..and my 26yo is mentally challenged but LOVES Adam..he went with me to 2 Idol concerts last year and had a blast!! And I'm pretty popular at work with all my ADAM stories..although people in general don't get the obsession...but that's ok..cuz to me...it's ALL ABOUT ADAM!!!! 22 days and counting till CLEVELAND!!! sktorok

    ReplyDelete
  7. sktorok, it must be wonderful to be able to share this obsession with your son! Is he as enthusiastic as you are?

    ReplyDelete